• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Exo Terra for arboreals

Kds

3 Year Member
Your GBB seems to love that arboreal setup, awesome webbing.

With the screen top, do you have issues keeping humidity up? Seems like it'd dry out pretty quickly with an open top like that.
I use the Exo Terra and just cut a piece of transparency film from Staples to fit the top the size you like for the ventilation you desire and you can’t even tell it’s there

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm actually going to rehouse my large female into a 30x12x12 this weekend...maybe??? Idk she molted 2 weeks ago. Might wait another week. :D Anyways she's been in a arboreal setup her whole life...but with wanting to breed her, my male is going to need room to flee.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The nano enclosure I use is so well ventilated that it was hard to get it to do anything beyond room temperature. Cutting a plastic sheet or several to cover up the screen on top will help hold in humidity.

I found that the typical shallow water dish dried out way to fast. A plastic shot glass in the corner solved that problem. It's deeper but the Versicolor can still get in or out assuming she knows where it is.

If anything, the ventilation is to good!! Any heat source will create thermal ventilation by convection.

They are awesome cages. A ceramic heat lamp on an overhead bracket & a heat pad in the back mounted high up were both necessary to heat it up. By themselves, the effects were zero.

I should have a mature versicolor in no time!! One of the first things she did there was molt.

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
C versocolor Charlotte's new enclosure nano1.jpg
They're great!! ExoTerra nano!!

Latest posts