• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Euathlus sp Red (Chilean Flame)

ClaymoreNo47

3 Year Member
The entire internet could not provide me with an estimated life expectancy of one of these cuties. Anyone happen to know from word of mouth of a female life span? Or at least a minimum? Also what's an except able price for a full grown adult female a local breeder wants $50 for his. He says it's a good deal.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'd say 15 + years. and $50 is very fair. usually run about $75. If life expectancy is a concern, don't buy an adult. Slings are readily available.

ClaymoreNo47

3 Year Member
Thanks for the reply. Hmm I run into a severe dilemma. I want mine to live as long as possible so I need a confirmed female. If I get a sling there's a chance it's male. I can't get several slings because every pet I have ever bought I have raised until it died of old age. I don't want to view my cuties as sellable pokemons. Last dilemma people only sell slings, sell adults who have laid several egg batches and are now being replaced by up coming semi adults or sell wild caught imported adults. All these situations I want to avoid.

Honestly I just wanna pay more for a young confirmed female non adult but I can't find one.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
well there's your dilemma. a confirmed female is almost guaranteed adult as they only get 3.5" or so. In effect you have no way of knowing age unless you know whom hatched it.