• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Entomology's outdoor office :-)

entomology

3 Year Member
Here are some of the animals i get to work with everyday. Hope u all enjoy:) will upload more when I
424367_10150586417294032_2136599910_n.jpg
IMGP6990.jpg
IMGP6995.jpg
IMGP7002.jpg
IMGP7004.jpg
IMGP7005.jpg
IMGP7007.jpg
IMGP7008.jpg
IMGP7015.jpg
IMGP7025.jpg
IMGP7031.jpg
IMGP7044.jpg
get the chance.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So jealous Ray. I originally intended to be an interpretive biologist here in the States, but due to lack of funding, the job, and most others related, pays almost nothing. So back to school for a the ultimate goal of a Masters in Nursing. But I am working on becoming a Naturalist, so when I retire, I can finally do what I have always wanted to. :)

entomology

3 Year Member
yeah i pursued a career in nature conservation and the salaries are not too bad in South Africa depending in what field you wanna go into. by profession i am an ecologist systems Biomes management working with carrying capacities and area management of parks so i deal allot with plants .animals.glasses. soils and the list goes on...lol i am also the education facilitator with regards to training. i get allot of flack sometimes on the forums sometimes due to incorrect spelling of a genus species name but the people dont realize i have everything else to remember not just Tarantulas....lol most peiople fail their first semester in my field as its not easy at all...lol but i love my work and wont trade it for anything.

entomology

3 Year Member
Why thank you!! I don't do zoology anymore and returned back to the national park doing conservation work. I've had my fair share of plenty sleepless nights raising animals..lol very rewarding but also very tiring. Had to chase a 8 ton Loxodonta africana (Elephant) out my bosses garden this morning...lol had a gud laugh afterwards but at the time it was not funny as he was a agro bull. was in full musth as fluids were dripping from temporal glands and penile fluids all ova the place...lol one horny elli ha ha ha

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
omg hope he found a girlfriend lol. My friend owns a zoo and I used to look after his camels but my horse was terrified of them. Its hard enough to settle a horse that's frightened or upset god knows what you do with a tiger or elephant that's in a mood .

Latest posts