• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enn's bunch

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Falcon, my Psalmopoeus irminia. I just love that blue/ grey fuzz

Frio, the Avicularia laerta, still isn't sure about its new home

Finally I got a half decent shot of my Tapinauchenius gigas, Cayenne. I don't know why but most pictures I take of it are out of focus.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I got a few more rehoused today. Sadly during the process I discovered that my Holothele sanguiniceps, Paria, was dead. It had been attacked by a cricket that had hidden in the tunnels.

The ones that did get moved caused no hassles at all, just a gentle nudge and they walked into their new homes.

Neoholothele incei (formerly Holothele incei), Yoda.

Heterothele gabonensis , Kota

Kochiana brunnipes, Pixie, the larger of my 2

Brachypelma smithi, Pico. It's over 3 hours since I moved it and it's not moved yet :D

I also rehoused Beck, my Davus pentaloris (formerly Cyclosternum fasciatum) but before I grabbed the camera it had vanished into the substrate, so quick.

These 2 just had to come out of hiding to see what was going on

Poecilotheria vittata, Enn

Ami sp Panama, Palma

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
damn Enn~! so sorry :/

Thank you. I'm gutted it was such a pretty T and doing so well although it spent a lot of time hidden down those tunnels. I feel guilty for not spotting that cricket.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
don't feel guilty, sneaky miserable creatures :( Hard to know whats what when they burrow away.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
don't feel guilty, sneaky miserable creatures :( Hard to know whats what when they burrow away.

They're horrible things. I just presumed the T had eaten it, I check them every night so it must have been well hidden.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A few that are difficult to get photos of as they are so shy, and fast.

Stromatopelma calceatum, Peanut

Heteroscodra maculata, Kofi

Nhandu chromatus, Zingu. My other N. chromatus is much less shy than this one.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Avicularia laeta, Frio, has settled well in its new home and done lots of webbing.

The Psalmopoeus reduncus, Coffee, has also made a great job of her new home sadly behind the wood so I have to turn the container round to see her.

A rare view of Kalina the Neostenotarsus sp Suriname. I'll rehouse this one soon so I hope to get better pictures.

Zengi, the little Heterothele villosella, doesn't hide away very much and is a very enthusiastic feeder.

Then there are the 3 sun worshippers, mid afternoon the sun catches corners of their containers and they appear to bask for a few minutes.

Paraphysa sp. Tiger, Arica

Harpactira Pulchripes, Zulu

Mole, the Lasiodora parahybana, has it down to a fine art. He will meander across from the other side of his container to wait for the sun to reach his home, then follow it as it moves across. He has spent around a week trying to get onto the lid, not easy for a large terrestrial but he finally made it without falling, it gave him a few more minutes to enjoy the sunshine.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Davus pentaloris, Beck. I get an eye full of this one every time I look in the viv where its home is and photos really don't show just how bright it is.

Cyriocosmus bertae, Inca.

Avicularia laeta - Frio.

Brachypelma emilia - Chiquito. It loves sitting on those leaves.

Euathlus sp Red - Chila. I can't believe this tiny one is over a year old.

Grammostola rosea - Ember

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Tapinauchenius gigas - Cayenne

Harpactira Pulchripes - Zulu

Avicularia versicolor - Jazz. This one lives entirely in the lid of the container although just after I took this picture, it did run down the side to grab a cricket

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A rare sighting of one of my Cyriocosmus elegans, Jumbie. The other Mendo hasn't been seen for months but food disappears quite quickly.

Kofi, the Heteroscodra maculata, has started spending more time out of its hidey hole.

Frio, the Avicularia laeta

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Pixie, one of my Kochiana brunnipes showing its bum.

Cyriocosmus bertae, Inca

Cyriocosmus elegans, Jumbie. It looks like it's freshly moulted but I've not found the old exo yet.

Davus pentaloris (formerly Cyclosternum fasciatum), Beck. "I wonder what's in that container, I never see a T in there".

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The green man, my MM Omothymus schioedtei (formerly Cyriopagopus schioedtei), Tigger, is spending much more time out and about now.

Coffee, my Psalmopoeus reduncus, who hasn't been seen since I rehoused her so I turned her container round and this is what she's been doing, building her new snug nest.

Trip, my Poecilotheria metallica, seems to be happy in her new home

Last edited:

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Shame falcon is male. I love them that color. Wish they lasted as long as females.
Something about the psalmos, I think I'd have all of them if funds allowed it. May change my tune when I get a genic tho 0.o
All your babies are gorgeous as always. Super happy Trip likes her new digs. :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Shame falcon is male. I love them that color. Wish they lasted as long as females.
Something about the psalmos, I think I'd have all of them if funds allowed it. May change my tune when I get a genic tho 0.o
All your babies are gorgeous as always. Super happy Trip likes her new digs. :)

Ooops:oops:. I boobed and it's not Falcon but Tigger so I've edited it now :rolleyes:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Major rehouse today. I started with one of my Cyriocosmus elegans, Mendo, as I'd not seen it for a long time whereas the other, Jumbie, has been visible quite a lot recently. Sadly I found Mendo dead at the bottom of the container.

Starting with my Neostenotarsus sp Guyana, Arawak. Another T I've hardly seen so it was good to get chance to check on it and take a few photos

Then there was Elf, the 2nd of my Kochiana brunnipes to be rehoused.

Another dwarf T to be moved and the only one that wanted to go anywhere but into the new container and had a good run around inside the ExoTerra before deciding to cooperate was Inca, the Cyriocosmus bertae.

I also rehoused Beni, the Cyriocosmus perezmilesi who walked from one container to the other with only the gentlest of nudges, leaving its old home exactly as it was when he was living in it, not a single strand of web damaged. No photo though as Beni promptly hid behind the cork bark and began building its new home.

The 2nd of my 2 Nhandu chromatus, Luzia, finally moved home

A couple of my newer Ts also seemed too big for their vials so I moved them into 3" cubes.

Sierra, Psalmopoeus irminia

Ta Nim, Phlogiellus sp. Koh Samui

Latest posts