• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure for sub-adult Avic avicularia

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Hi,

I am wanting to get a sub-adult Avicularia avicularia. Seeing as they need good cross-ventilation, I wondered what type of enclosure is best. The following are my two options so far (I have found it very hard to find an enclosure that is both front opening and has plenty of cross-ventilation).

1. I would be ordering a larger version of this for a sub-adult; the one pictured has my Psalmopoeus reduncus juvenile in. The vent holes you can see on the left here are repeated both on the opposite side and round the back of the enclosure. It also has the fine mesh at the top but covered from below in a thin material that I think stops feet getting stuck in the mesh. I prefer front opening as avicularia especially seem to like hanging out right at the top, so I like not having to disturb them to put food and water in.

cr.JPG

2. This one has my huntsman in but I would be ordering another one of the same size (20cm x 20cm x 30cm). The ventilation is the silver strip on the top and near the bottom at the front. This enclosure is more sturdy but I am worried whether the ventilation would be enough?

DSC08727.JPG

Latest posts