• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Egg sack advise , first time breeding

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This has all been most helpful. My daughter and I are first time breeders and after five months with no sack and resigning ourselves to thinking we had failed, we woke up this AM to a sack from our Versicolor. The last week or so has been interesting, and we were thinking we might actually get a sack. Now the dilemma is... well, waiting but after that, do we pull it after 30 days from when we found it, or wait a bit longer? We do not want slings lose in the enclosure nor do we want a significant challenge on our hands if we pull it too soon.

What we learn/gather from this experience will only improve what we do with our GBB who, if on the same timeline, should give us a sack in October. Thanks all for this thread and any advice.

Pull it 30 days from the day you noticed it there. :)

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This has all been most helpful. My daughter and I are first time breeders and after five months with no sack and resigning ourselves to thinking we had failed, we woke up this AM to a sack from our Versicolor. The last week or so has been interesting, and we were thinking we might actually get a sack. Now the dilemma is... well, waiting but after that, do we pull it after 30 days from when we found it, or wait a bit longer? We do not want slings lose in the enclosure nor do we want a significant challenge on our hands if we pull it too soon.

What we learn/gather from this experience will only improve what we do with our GBB who, if on the same timeline, should give us a sack in October. Thanks all for this thread and any advice.
I wait 35-45 days to pull avic sacs. They are large slings and easy to manage, and will live communal for the first few weeks, or more.

Best of luck!