• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Edit/Delete Feature

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Unfortunately there's been a recent rash of people abusing the edit/delete feature so we've set it to 'off' for normal users and there's a 15 min timer for premium members. if things are cordial and peaceful then we can consider adjusting more but for now people need to know that what they post has consequences. they can't just write whatever they want only to delete it minutes later.
I will be continue, as necessary, to ban folks who refuse to follow the community guidelines.
thanks for your understanding.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Unfortunately there's been a recent rash of people abusing the edit/delete feature so we've set it to 'off' for normal users and there's a 15 min timer for premium members. if things are cordial and peaceful then we can consider adjusting more but for now people need to know that what they post has consequences. they can't just write whatever they want only to delete it minutes later.
I will be continue, as necessary, to ban folks who refuse to follow the community guidelines.
thanks for your understanding.
I think we have achieved cordial and peaceful, @Josh It's like nirvana up in this bítch

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I promise Mike and I will start to behave although most of my edits are for spelling mistakes (I'd use the excuse that English is not my native language but we know how my nemesis reacts when I use excuses :p ).

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't think we need more editing than what we currently have. No one's mentioned it in a year and you two have 15 mins as subscribers

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I don't think we need more editing than what we currently have. No one's mentioned it in a year and you two have 15 mins as subscribers
Thank you Josh, I was being facetious ;) the editing is perfect the way it is.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would’ve mentioned something a long time ago, but my typos haven’t been so unreadable to the point that I need to edit. I’m an English major, so Typos make me cringe, but being that this is a hobby forum for the most part, I don’t really care about sentence structure and proper punctuation.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Josh, how about opening it up indefinitely for Tarantula Club members? At present, it is just a fee to join--but how about adding the criterion that limits eligibility to become a member to reaction scores over, say, 2500. That way, we know it won't be abused by those of us who want to pick a fight, type in inappropriate content and delete later.

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'd like to be able to edit the two long term stickied posts "A slightly in-depth guide to tarantula anatomy and taxonomic terms" and the "How to sex your tarantula" occasionally to include new info, name changes, extra spermathecae pics etc. But other than that I think the 15 min edit window for those that want to pay for it seems fine.

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
I'd like to be able to edit the two long term stickied posts "A slightly in-depth guide to tarantula anatomy and taxonomic terms" and the "How to sex your tarantula" occasionally to include new info, name changes, extra spermathecae pics etc. But other than that I think the 15 min edit window for those that want to pay for it seems fine.
A moderator would be happy to make changes or additions to existing threads for you.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Can we get the ability to edit in media again? We use to be able to move photos around and delete unused albums. We also could adjust settings in your albums at anytime. If you made a setting mistake we could fix it.
Even Arachnoboards allows you to edit media. ;)

rosehaired1979

3 Year Member
TBH I think people who make legitimate post most of the time or have a certain number of them on their count should be able to edit and delete or whatever and not have to go to an admin to do it.

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
TBH I think people who make legitimate post most of the time or have a certain number of them on their count should be able to edit and delete or whatever and not have to go to an admin to do it.
I agree but I guess the tough point comes in just exactly how they would implement this. Or more specifically, if there is any incentive to implement this?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Exactly....like please "don't delete my posts when I'm going head to head with someone in a thread" kind of stuff...... hahahahaha!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

A magic forum I use, used to allow unlimited time to edit posts, but changed that after an established member with hundreds of posts had a falling out with someone & then decided to go back & do a vanishing act on every one of his posts, leaving hundreds of threads damaged.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I agree but I guess the tough point comes in just exactly how they would implement this. Or more specifically, if there is any incentive to implement this?
A magic forum I use, used to allow unlimited time to edit posts, but changed that after an established member with hundreds of posts had a falling out with someone & then decided to go back & do a vanishing act on every one of his posts, leaving hundreds of threads damaged.
Members have the edit delete feature enabled albeit with a timeout to prevent trolling and deleting. Unfortunately there was a time when that happened and it caused quite the row, hence the restriction we all enjoy now