• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dumb question but...

Reptisect

3 Year Member
Is this even usable? It's about 6cm or just over 2 inches tall. What can I house in this aside from absolutely miniscule slings.
20230330_152421.jpg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Not a dumb question at all. As the only dumb question, is the one you don't ask, but later find out you should have asked.

That size of pot is what I use for all of my slings. But I only use top opening pots.

My only issue with that pot, is that taking the base off leaves the sling either having it's webbing destroyed, or the sling at the top of the pot & you trying to feed it via the base, with your concentration on the feeding & not the sling.

For me, anything vertical in there, bark, small branch etc is going to need to be free standing at feed time. Plus in my experience, even arboreal species are very often at the very least semi fossorial as slings & small juvi's, so they need some height as well as substrate depth, which a pot like that does not give.

The above is only based upon personal taste & thus bias & others use enclosures like the one you have & love them. So give it a go. Any small, up to 1 cm arboreal sling would go happily in there.

Another personal taste issue is I like circulating air top to bottom on tall arborial enclosures. So even on commercially brought top opening enclosures, I add air holes in the sides if not there.

Latest posts