• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dropped a mealworm at T's hole?

pavlos

3 Year Member
So my T had sealed himself , and the last month he has opened his hole.
By mistake i dropped a mealworm in his hole, what if he isn' hungry? Should i just leave it like that?
I mean he will kill it for sure, but what if he won't eat it?
He is a small T, 3 cm legspan.
Brazilian Black.
Let me know

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Don't worry about it :) It's either been eaten or burrowed away from the spider by now. I've noticed worms will avoid web at every opportunity, so if it's alive, it's well away from the tarantula. If the spider killed it but didn't eat it, it's no big deal either. I would only worry if it pupated into a beetle while your tarantula is molting. but it sounds like it molted already? Just keep an eye on the enclosure and see what develops. No need to stress on it, even the slings can take care of themselves.

pavlos

3 Year Member
Thanks brother :)
I since he opened his burrow he hasn't come out yet, but i see him now and then with a small flashlight to check on him and his color got darker, so i guess he molted. Also i squashed the worms head before throwing it in. Anyway thanks I got scared for a moment there hehe!!
Cheers from Greece :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks brother :)
I since he opened his burrow he hasn't come out yet, but i see him now and then with a small flashlight to check on him and his color got darker, so i guess he molted. Also i squashed the worms head before throwing it in. Anyway thanks I got scared for a moment there hehe!!
Cheers from Greece :)
Those G pulchras are gorgeous little animals. Very beautiful as adults, and good sized. Cheers man.

Latest posts