• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do you know what tarantula this is?

swimbait

3 Year Member
She only posted yesterday, it's not like the hmac was going to kill her. Hopefully she read the advice before attempting to rehouse

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What I don't understand though is why buy something that you know absolutely nothing about, without doing at least a little bit of research prior to making the actual purchase. This isn't being harsh, this is just genuine curiosity. I don't get it, it just seems like common sense to me. Don't worry Liz, I'm not going to scold you for something like that has already been done, I am just trying to understand here.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Obviously I can't speak for her but it seemed to be somewhat of a "rescue"
Yes that part is very clear, what I'm asking though is why not do a bit of research before actually bringing the animal home? A Google search takes 30 seconds. I understand it's distressing seeing an animal kept in poor conditions at a pet shop, but it's definitely not worth the consequences of buying said animal, should anything go wrong. Seeing a fast-moving tarantula in action is much different from reading about it, but at least online research would give one an idea as to just how powerful the venom is. Anyway I'll wait to hear back from the OP. Best of luck either way, I'm always willing to help should you have any questions or concerns.

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
She said the spider was in poor conditions, and that the shop had no clue as to what it was. She bought it, brought it home, and came here asking us if we could ID it.

Consider the fact that once she was given a possitive ID, she then did research plus read our comments.

How to research without having an ID?

H. macs are gorgeous... she caught Lizzy's eye, plus it was housed poorly.

I would have done the same thing. I see nothing wrong with what was done.

By now she will have done research and housed it properly. She always has the option to sell/give away the spider if she feels uncomfortable with having it.

Just my thoughts.

syzygy

3 Year Member
It is interesting that she never posted back. I had this funny thought that she made the original post, went to re-house the new T while waiting for responses, it got loose, she searched to no avail, she came back to the thread only to find numerous comments about its speed, attitude and potency and she hasn't stepped foot in her house since.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It is interesting that she never posted back. I had this funny thought that she made the original post, went to re-house the new T while waiting for responses, it got loose, she searched to no avail, she came back to the thread only to find numerous comments about its speed, attitude and potency and she hasn't stepped foot in her house since.
LOL. But seriously, I hope its ok..and I hope you post back and update us, Lizzy. Nobody's judging you, we'll help with whatever questions that you have. That's a fast spider with a possible bad attitude and painful venom, but its just a spider. Calm and cool will win the day, every time.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Opps, was a day late in my response. I actually got someone trying to sell me an Hmac, but it is not white as yet being just a couple of inches DLS. I am trying to do research on it and it's nice to read some of the comments right here. :D

Latest posts