• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Distressed in new enclosure?

TWDEWEY

Hello, newbie tarantula owner and first time poster here! I have a Brazilian Black that I bought about 6 months ago. It came in a 4x4 enclosure and I decided to move it into a new 4x8 enclosure. It is about 2". In it's original enclosure, it was always out and about and always ready to eat. Now that I moved it into it's new enclosure, it has buried itself inside the cork bark hiding spot I made for it and hasn't been out or eaten anything since. I supposed it could be in pre-molt, but it seems odd that it's behavior changed so radically by just moving it to a new home. Any thoughts on whether this is normal or is it in any kind of distress? Thanks!

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
For something that small to feel most comfortable buried is not that unusual. As they get larger you tend to see species like the Grammostola pulchra's all the time. But if anything it sounds like your T s simply enjoying it's new enclosure & seems to like the cover you offered it.