• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DISASTER! :(

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I hope she makes it. She may lose that leg but the fact she is climbing must be a good sign.
That's the glimmer of hope I am hanging on to. Loss of leg would be no biggie as long as she can get through a molt. Next milestone will be whether she can take food. I will prekilled and use tongues hoping she will take it. Not for a few days though as trying to keep her as calm as possible no lights on or anything like that at the moment. Thanks @Enn49 appreciate your support.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Keep us updated on her progress, please. I know how devastated I'd be if anything happened to my P. met. I'm watching her like a hawk at the moment as she's in premoult and spending a lot of time on the ground although she is still climbing too, boy will I be glad when she's done though..

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Keep us updated on her progress, please. I know how devastated I'd be if anything happened to my P. met. I'm watching her like a hawk at the moment as she's in premoult and spending a lot of time on the ground although she is still climbing too, boy will I be glad when she's done though..
I will....hopefully with good news, Hope the molt goes well for yours too. Always a nervy time but more so when they cost a fortune to replace.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Been super ill so haven't been on much,
but going to keep watch on this one,
Hope it turns out well for you and your T.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My poor baby. Really worried now she looks so uncomfortable
20160124_181220.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Phil Poor girl. I really feel for you, It's awful to watch when there is nothing more you can do to help.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Phil Poor girl. I really feel for you, It's awful to watch when there is nothing more you can do to help.
I know. Thought we had turned a corner but looking at her now....I think there is only one outcome and it won't be nice for either of us. Just got to try and keep her as comfortable as possible. Poor Sapphie :(

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This is very important for me, because I've always read elsewhere that it was a good solution. And before this thread, I would have recommended glue myself... I won't anymore from now on...
It may have worked if she had not tried to rub a against it but being a pokie I could not pin her down without risking a bite. Just dropped it directly on the wound and she did not move initially but then she must have noticed something and tried to rub it off. If anyone else has experience of glue I would be interested. Never tried before and tbh I don't think I can risk it again . She is still vertical which was a better position than first discovered but it's not looking good :( Can't do anything more for her apart from keep hoping.

Ghost

3 Year Member
It may have worked if she had not tried to rub a against it but being a pokie I could not pin her down without risking a bite. Just dropped it directly on the wound and she did not move initially but then she must have noticed something and tried to rub it off. If anyone else has experience of glue I would be interested. Never tried before and tbh I don't think I can risk it again . She is still vertical which was a better position than first discovered but it's not looking good :( Can't do anything more for her apart from keep hoping.

I have used superglue a couple of times on my T's over the years.
The best way I have found to apply the glue is to use a plastic drinking straw and only use a very small amount of glue over the wound,this way the glue drys in a minute or so and by only using a small amount it helps prevent any moulting problems in future as using to much can cause problems with moulting in the area that the glue was applied to,alternatively instead of superglue you can use corn starch using the same method.
Anyway I hope everything works out for your T and she pulls through.....

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Late to this one, but I would have advised you against superglue, it never works out they way people say. A better option for the future is natural cigarette rolling paper applied over the rupture. It will slow leakage, allow for "clotting" and will just molt off with no issues. Also no potential harm or.dangers as are associated with super glue.
Keep.her hydrated. She may pull through yet.

leaveittoweaver

3 Year Member
I just wonder how the hell she did that much damage to herself..arboreals generally take a fall just fine..if they fall at all. That's what would be eating me, the randomness of it..scary. Fingers crossed, hope she surprises us and molts out of it.

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing. Very strange. Maybe the tarantula was about to molt and not "sticking" as well?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agreed. I was thinking the same thing. Very strange. Maybe the tarantula was about to molt and not "sticking" as well?
That might be a good thing, if she is coming up to a molt soon. Or would it be bad, after suffering so much trauma recently? I've never had to deal with anything serious, just a leg stuck in a molt, twice. I've seen Avics do that non sticking thing when they were in premolt, but not any of my other arboreals..do Poecis do that too? I may just have never noticed it.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just wonder how the hell she did that much damage to herself..arboreals generally take a fall just fine..if they fall at all. That's what would be eating me, the randomness of it..scary. Fingers crossed, hope she surprises us and molts out of it.
Not in molt, shouldn't be anyway as molted 6th November 2015 and she is an adult. Checked her again today. Still vertical, some movement but can actually see the abdomen pulsating like a heartbeat....really weird. Cornflour treatment tomorrow to make sure nothing else leaking. Not risking glue again. She is still hanging in there at the moment.

Latest posts