• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Digital microscope

regalis

Anybody used these?
Screenshot_20200405-163744_Amazon Shopping.jpg
just ordered it from amazon. For £15 I will give it a go!

If you have used one, what did you think?

JayManges

I used the one that clamps over the camera on your cell phone to read headstamps on brass rifle cases or read my lead hardness gauge. Worked OK. However, I'm tempted to give the one you found a try because it looks much easier to use.

regalis

I used the one that clamps over the camera on your cell phone to read headstamps on brass rifle cases or read my lead hardness gauge. Worked OK. However, I'm tempted to give the one you found a try because it looks much easier to use.
I know it wont be spectacular but maybe have a look at spring tails, mites or something a bit better??

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I just pinch an eyepiece off my kids telescope and it works great for moults, if they are lit up from underneath. At first I tried her microscope but it didn't give a good result.
I'll probably buy something like that at some point though. £15 is a steal if it does the job. Let me know how you find it.

regalis

I just pinch an eyepiece off my kids telescope and it works great for moults, if they are lit up from underneath. At first I tried her microscope but it didn't give a good result.
I'll probably buy something like that at some point though. £15 is a steal if it does the job. Let me know how you find it.
Will do. From what I have seen on YouTube reviews and amazon reviews they are good little bits of kit for the money.

I will take some pics with it and upload them.

regalis

Oh yeah it will be here by Monday 13th. They are prioritising other essential orders first. I have a laptop in my workshop but that's for my cnc lathe and my 3d printer. Living in the uk we are not allowed to make ammo. I have to justify to the gun smith why I want to buy shells and ammo. Justify the amount and justify why I need each gun when I want to buy it. Then if its approved I can have it! :oops:

JayManges

I shoot approximately 1,000 rounds per week so I spend a lot of time in my reloading room. I have 100,000 rounds on hand. Some here call that being a little short on ammo but I have the materials on hand to load up several hundred thousand more. Fortunately, California hasn't tried to limit the amount of ammo you can own (yet). I won't comply if they ever do.

I did travel to London last year. Without bringing it up, several of the people I talked to were concerned about knife crime. How horrendous. I almost think I'd rather be shot than stabbed. Nevertheless, I have to say that London is a fun place to visit. Can't wait to go back someday.

regalis

Hahaha I couldn't keep anywhere near that amount. I have to have guns in one locker ammo in another..... knife crime in cities is a big problem here. Just glad I'm away from all that. I did make a good set of knuckles a month or two back! Lol

JayManges

Hahaha I couldn't keep anywhere near that amount. I have to have guns in one locker ammo in another..... knife crime in cities is a big problem here. Just glad I'm away from all that. I did make a good set of knuckles a month or two back! Lol
Given the fact you know how to do just about everything else, I expect you are also proficient with those knuckles. Let me guess, you also have a CNC mill? You rock!

regalis

No lol but I do know how to use a cnc milling machine lol. okuma space centre ma 6000hb and some older cincinnati milacron with Siemens controls! :D

Attachments

• 733841_0_large.jpg
    733841_0_large.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts