• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Digging to Australia?

WolfieKate

Hello

I made a nice rain foresty enclosure for my juvenile female A (8-9cm). She’s been in it a couple of weeks. No aggression, eating well. But she won’t stop digging. There’s more soil on top of the bark shelter than under it and the corners of the enclosure have tall towers of precarious soil which roll back down. Ive been in once and ladled soil out from the towers. Is that Ok? Just to spoon the extra soil out. Not sure there will be much soil left soon! That or she‘ll be carrying soil thats rolled back down forever. 20x20x30 but deep substrate and she’s hit the glass bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_20240918_131138_Original.jpeg
    IMG_20240918_131138_Original.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 891
  • IMG_20240920_030221_Original.jpeg
    IMG_20240920_030221_Original.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 891

Mudring76

Hello

I made a nice rain foresty enclosure for my juvenile female A (8-9cm). She’s been in it a couple of weeks. No aggression, eating well. But she won’t stop digging. There’s more soil on top of the bark shelter than under it and the corners of the enclosure have tall towers of precarious soil which roll back down. Ive been in once and ladled soil out from the towers. Is that Ok? Just to spoon the extra soil out. Not sure there will be much soil left soon! That or she‘ll be carrying soil thats rolled back down forever. 20x20x30 but deep substrate and she’s hit the glass bottom.
Maybe try packing the corners down with the spoon so it doesn't roll back down. If it won't pack try moistening the corners first.I have a juvenile in a temporary enclosure and it has done the same it's dug the whole bottom out underneath the cork bark to the bottom of the enclosure.