• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Did it molt?? Help please

Gscottjr

3 Year Member
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The pictures are not good. Hard to get a pic in the little opening. But something happened. His/her carapace is white. I can't see a molt but I think some dirt work was done today. Also I can't catch the small cricket that I thought was eaten but it is in the hide quite alive. The only way to get it out would be move the hide and dig up everything. What do I do???:eek:

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Try to zoom in with your camera and see what color the fangs are. After molting they are stark white usually darkening to red then black. As long as the T is not on its back it should be fine. Keep a close eye on what's going on. If the burrow is open its either already molted or not quite ready. Personally I'd remove the hide and get the cricket. If it has molted, feeding to early could damage their fangs. If it hasn't then you don't need that cricket chewing on your sling while it tries to molt.
I would remove the cricket and then put the hide back where it was. Don't forget to keep the water dish full. If it's molted it will want a nice drink.

Gscottjr

3 Year Member
I think I have disturbed it way more than I should. I think I atleast killed the cricket. When I picked up the hide all the webbing inside the T came along for the ride too. I set it all back down and am going to leave it alone. I don't think it has molted yet but is very close.
image.jpeg

Gscottjr

3 Year Member
Try to zoom in with your camera and see what color the fangs are. After molting they are stark white usually darkening to red then black. As long as the T is not on its back it should be fine. Keep a close eye on what's going on. If the burrow is open its either already molted or not quite ready. Personally I'd remove the hide and get the cricket. If it has molted, feeding to early could damage their fangs. If it hasn't then you don't need that cricket chewing on your sling while it tries to molt.
I would remove the cricket and then put the hide back where it was. Don't forget to keep the water dish full. If it's molted it will want a nice drink.

Thanks for the advice. It all seems good in the spider house this morning. :)

Latest posts