• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Death report

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
A while back, I posted about my Avic avic not molting in a long while, and being "a shower, not a grower". Now I know why.
It early on it was a great eater, but in the past month or so, it would barely eat. Then, a week or maybe a tad longer, it started doing the DKS shake. Walking funny, rapid twitching, and not able to walk. It had a chalky white discharge dried all around its mouth.
In the end it was just laying in the substrate floor, unable to walk, and barely move. Dispite putting it in ICU, it succumbed to the disease.
Like my other Ts, I kept its enclosure very clean, picked up leftover prey, and was a good housekeeper. Not knowing what caused it scares me. It sucks to not be able to do anything about it.
The thing that keeps running thru my head is that this is the Avic I "rescued" from Petco, because it was housed and cared for poorly. Hmmmmm.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So sad. Sorry about your loss. :(. It sucks when we lose one.

Latest posts