• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dark Mode: You got it!

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
Didn't we always have that option? On the Home Page, way down at the bottom, there's a tab called "style chooser." I don't like the dark mode, so I never played around with the style chooser, so I don't know if it was one of the styles or not.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Looks like the forum software got updated and Dark Mode is a feature.

Styles would allow you to customize and create something equivalent to dark mode, but being able to toggle it on and off is it feature that a lot of other social media sites have added, so it's nice to see us keeping up with the Joneses

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I want y'all to like it well enough here to keep coming back! :D

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Josh, compared with the "site not named" which is so complex, it's like driving around traffic circles with lights at the exit points....ours is beautifully simple and elegant. You rock, my friend.

Cheers!
:beer:
+1

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
tenor-2.gif

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
See that light bulb in the top right corner? Click it!
Behold DARK MODE
Pretty nice, ay?
Thanks to all our Tarantula Club Members that make it possible to keep the site constantly updated.
We appreciate you!
I love it! :)

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
See that light bulb in the top right corner? Click it!
Behold DARK MODE
Pretty nice, ay?
Thanks to all our Tarantula Club Members that make it possible to keep the site constantly updated.
We appreciate you!
love the dark theme but what happened to the display? I now have a colum on the left in a thread that says "Latest posts" which for me makes the text in the body of thread smaller and takes up about 1/3 less across the screen. Is there a way to turn off that option and get the thread content to full screen again?

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
I knew that was there I'm talking about the column to the right within the thread that shows "Latest Posts" It has never been there before the thread content went all the way across the page

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah yeah so it looks like your screen is somewhere in the in between. That sidebar doesnt show on mobile but it does show on desktop.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
It's generally far less than 30% of the screen width though

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-04-04 17-29-34.png
    Screenshot from 2021-04-04 17-29-34.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 15

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
Ah yeah so it looks like your screen is somewhere in the in between. That sidebar doesnt show on mobile but it does show on desktop.
It hasnt shown on desktop for me before opening the site today, the discussions went all the way across

Latest posts