• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Customs

regalis

Can anybody recommend a better design of enclosure than exo terra? I like them but I'm not a fan of having to convert every screen top. I'm considering having a change. Does anyone know a custom enclosure builder?

regalis

Try these https://spidershop.pl/en/product/terrarium-20x20x30/. There is a full range of sizes with the advantage that the arboreal tanks have guillotine style doors which are great for control of Ts that run around the top. They can be delivered to the UK by courier although with the coronovirus you may have to wait a while.
They are all a lot smaller than I am currently using unfortunately. I'm looking for something bigger :(

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They are all a lot smaller than I am currently using unfortunately. I'm looking for something bigger :(

If you email him he will make them to order, I have a few that he made to my design, larger than those advertised.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What is the cost for shipping? My exo terra's are 45 x 45 x 90cm and I need a fair few of them lol

Courier cost depends on size and number so you'd have to ask. A bonus is that any Ts you order with containers will travel free.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
I would hope so. I have twelve exo terra's plus smaller ones that will need upgrades for growing t's :D
Hi
for that many enclosures its worth to call a local to you glass manufacturers or aquarium manufacturers and get quotes from them. The mesh sheets for ventilation are easily available via eBay in all dimensions and hole sizes as are the other bits needed. And you can have vents where you need them on the enclosures too depending on substrate levels and what not.Just remind them to use aquarium safe silicone sealant.
This way you dont need to worry about shipping cost.

Regards Konstantin

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Someone on one of the FB groups was recently showing some very reasonably priced, including postage, perspex enclosures. That they did in a variety of configurations. So Arboreal, Terrestrial & Fossorial. They were a nice size & I was sufficiently impressed to be intending to look them up & buy some off them shortly.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Someone on one of the FB groups was recently showing some very reasonably priced, including postage, perspex enclosures. That they did in a variety of configurations. So Arboreal, Terrestrial & Fossorial. They were a nice size & I was sufficiently impressed to be intending to look them up & buy some off them shortly.
Hi
the thing with acrilic is that scratches very easy.I will recommend full glass enclosures or mainly glass with acrilic lids as will be easier to drill if needed.

regalis

Hi
for that many enclosures its worth to call a local to you glass manufacturers or aquarium manufacturers and get quotes from them. The mesh sheets for ventilation are easily available via eBay in all dimensions and hole sizes. And you can have them where you need them on the enclosures too depending on substrate levels and what not.Just remind them to use aquarium safe silicone sealant.
This way you dont need to worry about shipping cost.

Regards Konstantin
Hello,
I'm considering having a go at building one myself as a prototype and seeing how it goes. I already have silicone as I buy it in bulk. I use it as i make custom backgrounds in all my setups. I also have 1mm mesh sheets as i cut and fit them to my roach bins. ( que the blue peter music )........

regalis

My local exotic pet shop has 8mm thick enclosures that they use to display t's they are selling. I asked them who made them and they refused to tell me! LOL. I wont be buying any more exo terra's from them!

Konstantin

3 Year Member
I dont really want to build them myself but if I can build one and get someone to do the rest.... :D
Hi
I have been in aquarium keeping for over 20 years .Build of a large ish tanks is a messy business.I had a go in the past but prefer someone to do it for me too if is bigger than a 30 cm cube.
If money is not an object there is nacd_aquariums on ebay.They are known to me via my aquascaping forum.They do awesome tanks with minimal silicone work and you have option for optiwhite fronts that have higher clarity.Their reptile terrariums are vented on top only.If I were about to use them I will ask them to put vents on both sides instead but this depends on how close you will want them to be in your display.
I also dislike the empty space when vents are in front in the ones from the spidershop.pl but thats just me being picky.lol
Regards Konstantin

regalis

Hi
I have been in aquarium keeping for over 20 years .Build of a large ish tanks is a messy business.I had a go in the past but prefer someone to do it for me too if is bigger than a 30 cm cube.
If money is not an object there is nacd_aquariums on ebay.They are known to me via my aquascaping forum.They do awesome tanks with minimal silicone work and you have option for optiwhite fronts that have higher clarity.Their reptile terrariums are vented on top only.If I were about to use them I will ask them to put vents on both sides instead but this depends on how close you will want them to be in your display.
I also dislike the empty space when vents are in front in the ones from the spidershop.pl but thats just me being picky.lol
Regards Konstantin
Yeah I have a little hang up about the gap too. I dont mind splashing the cash ( pardon the pun ) as they are constantly on display to friends and family. At the moment I have exo terra 45x45x30 for my terrestrials, 45x45x90 for my arboreal, 30x30x45 for my other insects and mantisis and 31x31x20 komodo for my scorpions...... I would like one design flowing between all sizes and shapes. They maybe able to design something escape proof for centipedes too! :rolleyes:

Latest posts