• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Could my pinktoe have completely decomposed?

RachBailey

3 Year Member
I just got back from studying abroad and I cannot find my Pinktoe anywhere in his tank. My sister was supposed to take care of him and I don't think he got out. He was a full adult. Could he have completely decomposed if he'd died? All his plants were dead, the light had burnt out. The humidity in the tank is pretty high though.

SPazzyT

3 Year Member
How long were you away from the tank, and whats the last time your sister remembers spotting or maintaining the spider?

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
i am thinking your sister open enclosure and it bolted and she is probably afraid to admit it. it takes a long time for spider to decompose and even after a while would be a moldy pile where the husk was.

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
On bright side it is probably somewhere nearby they do nto wonder far from my experience. check under stuff and in corners have a pic of the area you have enclosure in? I have gotten pretty good at finding T hiding spots when they escape.