• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cork bark.....Half round vs flats.....

ryanm7277

What's your preference and why? I am looking into buying some for hides and I am just curious what or why one would be better than the other? Maybe it doesn't really matter at all? Thanks

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I always go for slightly curved cork bard so they can dig under it if they want to.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah, i have tried rounds with several of my terrestrial Ts and they don't like them. I think they like to dig.

One time i put two rounds side by side that had extra openings on the joined sides thinking this would give the T another escape route and added hiding space. Nope. It did not use it. But a cricket did take up living in the spare bedroom until I removed it.

ryanm7277

Yeah, i have tried rounds with several of my terrestrial Ts and they don't like them. I think they like to dig.

One time i put two rounds side by side that had extra openings on the joined sides thinking this would give the T another escape route and added hiding space. Nope. It did not use it. But a cricket did take up living in the spare bedroom until I removed it.
That’s kinda what I was thinking so if it’s terrestrial then possibly will use but chances are that the digger won’t?

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
That has been my experience, but even the same species of tarantula can act differently.

Latest posts