• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Communal Set Ups

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Scoolman how long had they been communal when you counted nine left? 9 accounted for, I mean.
Their entire lives, even when they were shipped. The hatchout was early 2013.
I am getting a bit worried now, as I have been unable to confirm more than 2. Normaly when they aractive they active as a group, and lately only 2 of them are out and about. I suppose it is possible that I ended up with only 2 females out of 11, and all the others matured and passed or were killed and eaten. Alternatively, these two may just be the bold ones, and the others are just shy.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Their entire lives, even when they were shipped. The hatchout was early 2013.
I am getting a bit worried now, as I have been unable to confirm more than 2. Normaly when they aractive they active as a group, and lately only 2 of them are out and about. I suppose it is possible that I ended up with only 2 females out of 11, and all the others matured and passed or were killed and eaten. Alternatively, these two may just be the bold ones, and the others are just shy.
Could be, could be a little of both as well. When you find out for certain, I'd be very interested in how it turns out. Hopefully with babies everywhere and all of the females still alive and kickin.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I looked into communal keeping when I got my 3 Neoholothele incei but decided against it after reading the tales of cannibalism and that they would need separating later as they reached adulthood. I still lost one but have 2 beautiful sub adults happily living in their own containers.
I like the signature Enn, fancy :)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love the Pmet hunger games video posted in YouTube from Tarantupedia. ;)

Apparently, there is an update video and it has been running for two years. 2 were gone and they started with 11 slings.

Last edited:

Latest posts