• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chucky Chilean Rose Spiderling

ShadEO9

3 Year Member
**EDIT** I misspelled the title of this post, It was meant to read 'chunky'' not ''Chucky''

Afternoon folks, this might sound like a rather strange one, but as many of you know i'm very new to the hobby and have been enjoying everything Tarantula related since getting my own Chile Rose Spiderling, Silva recently.

My question is, can you over feed a spiderling? I know they tend to grow at a fast rate, and Silva is certainly doing just that! Two molts in and he/she is looking spectacularly beautiful, really coming along nicely now and has an amazing appetite, But can you feed them ''too much''?

Silva will happily eat whenever i offer the food, and i recently noticed his abdomen is looking huge! Is this normal? Or do i need to not feed too often?

Any opinions and advice as always would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
A lot of people will power fed slings to get them to grow quicker. I have some tiny slings about the size of rice and I feed it every day just to get up to size a little quicker. If it's getting overly big just hold off a few days more.

ShadEO9

3 Year Member
A lot of people will power fed slings to get them to grow quicker. I have some tiny slings about the size of rice and I feed it every day just to get up to size a little quicker. If it's getting overly big just hold off a few days more.

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to do just that.

Silva's appetite is awesome! and watching any T feed is just fascinating! :T:

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
My L.p slings will eat so much and get so big they can hardly move. That's when I cut em off for a nearly a week.

Latest posts