• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

kylepeach

3 Year Member
Too bad theres no specific tarantula topic for Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens on the main page. Like, right under Poecilotheria. I wanna talk about it!! Lol

I have quite the story. My birthday was on May 5th (11 days ago) and my girlfriend bought me a new T. Can you guess which kind?? Yes, a C. cyaneopubescens. A sling for 64.99$ over an inch long. A hardy 'lil dude. (not actually sure if it's a "dude" tho, –you know what I mean).

Then sadly fate would have it, my P. metallica sling passed away. Definitely my fault. But, basically I still am not without a tarantula; for a brief moment I had two, now back to just 1. The sling is doing good! Just molted and I'm not touching it for like a week until his fangs harden up, then ill feed it. But I'm checking in on it like 3-4 times a day.

Anyone ever own a C. cyaneopubescens?? Let me know!
I want some bugs next. Damon diadema.

See ya!!

Attachments

• 20180515_094220.jpg
    20180515_094220.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 22

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
Too bad theres no specific tarantula topic for Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens on the main page. Like, right under Poecilotheria. I wanna talk about it!! Lol

I have quite the story. My birthday was on May 5th (11 days ago) and my girlfriend bought me a new T. Can you guess which kind?? Yes, a C. cyaneopubescens. A sling for 64.99$ over an inch long. A hardy 'lil dude. (not actually sure if it's a "dude" tho, –you know what I mean).

Then sadly fate would have it, my P. metallica sling passed away. Definitely my fault. But, basically I still am not without a tarantula; for a brief moment I had two, now back to just 1. The sling is doing good! Just molted and I'm not touching it for like a week until his fangs harden up, then ill feed it. But I'm checking in on it like 3-4 times a day.

See ya!!

Nice addition, even though the GBB comes from a very arid environment as a sling they still need a water dish. Try a small water bottle cap. ;)
Also, Damon diadema isn't a bug, it has eight legs and is an arachnid The "Whips" are modified legs.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
My current count is 4 adult females, 1 mature male, 3 penultimate males and 3 slings. Obviously this is my favorite, although Poecs really close behind.

This is one species where you can really see that tarantulas can have a bit of their own personality. I’ve had some burrow a bit, some create elaborate web tunnels and one that even decided all on its own that it wanted to be strictly arboreal.

kylepeach

3 Year Member
Nice addition, even though the GBB comes from a very arid environment as a sling they still need a water dish. Try a small water bottle cap. ;)
Also, Damon diadema isn't a bug, it has eight legs and is an arachnid The "Whips" are modified legs.
Thanks for the tip. Gonnna add one tonight!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I used to have a monster of a female who passed a little more than a year ago that I bought from a pet store. They are almost too easy to care for. She was my second tarantula.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Btw, I'd like to see more pics of your enclosure for your GBB's. The way it's just sitting there on the sticks just has me feeling good hahaha
Here's a video from a little while ago. I rehoused my female from the juvenile enclosure she had been in for about a year or so.
I'll be doing a update video soon of her enclosure now. She's webbing the Hell out of it!!!

kylepeach

3 Year Member
Here's a video from a little while ago. I rehoused my female from the juvenile enclosure she had been in for about a year or so.
I'll be doing a update video soon of her enclosure now. She's webbing the Hell out of it!!!
Love it! I took a quick feeding vid just now. it'll be up in a second

kylepeach

3 Year Member
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oo4u5ELcEqltGQ2K3

I decided to record this feeding because its his 3rd cricket. I just re-fed him again and HE SNATCHED IT UP. Guess the lil guy's hungry!!!

Is that a good thing?! Hahaha Should I continue to feed him till he refuses??

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
https://photos.app.goo.gl/oo4u5ELcEqltGQ2K3

I decided to record this feeding because its his 3rd cricket. I just re-fed him again and HE SNATCHED IT UP. Guess the lil guy's hungry!!!

Is that a good thing?! Hahaha Should I continue to feed him till he refuses??
Very nice!!! 3 crickets is good...I'd wait 5-7 days until feeding him again. I feed once a week on most of my Ts. Little tiny slings I feed every 3 -4 days. Im breeding my male right now with a few females...hopefully I'll have lots of slings this summer.

kylepeach

3 Year Member
Very nice!!! 3 crickets is good...I'd wait 5-7 days until feeding him again. I feed once a week on most of my Ts. Little tiny slings I feed every 3 -4 days. Im breeding my male right now with a few females...hopefully I'll have lots of slings this summer.
I hope the breeding process goes well!! I plan to do the same when my sling matures into adulthood, just gotta wait until I can identify the gender and move on from there!

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club

See ya!!
Happy late Birthday!!!

That is a gorgeous beast. I have tarantula envy now...

Latest posts