• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

chilean rose still not looking good

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Positive thinking and action. I was gonna suggest turning him over and using a pipet drip some water onto the mouth area for some hydration direct into the spider. Placing the spiders face over a water bowl is also good :)
True, force-watering it is another option. Get comfortable, though, because this process can take hours.

jujubees

3 Year Member
True, force-watering it is another option. Get comfortable, though, because this process can take hours.

yeah sabeth is right, that could take awhile. I had a sick Texas Brown once. Had to drop some water in its mouth. Day and a half later he was fine :) good luck with your Rosie though. I will be willing it to recovery!

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
Have you tried cupping her in your hand, turning her over, and giving her water? You just put a drop at a time in her mouth until it disappears, then do another. It's worth a try.

mercifulfate3

3 Year Member
thanks everyone for all the positive feedback, its so reassuring hearing what you all have to say. i shall try all these options. so far update is, changed towels in ICU yesterday and no movement what so every. when i touched bum or back legs pushed gently and no movement still. when we changed towels we put a water ball at the mouth area to try and encourage drink but it hasn't touched it so looks like were onto the next stage of forcing him water. sorry againg for long update but only have access to pc at certain times. will keep you all posted.

thanks again, when i read all this support it makes us smile :)

mercifulfate3

3 Year Member
also could you help with a wee thing? do you suggest i leave him in the ICU for now and then do what you have suggested. or do i force water now and put him back in the ICU?

mercifulfate3

3 Year Member
hi sorry to keep pestering but do i leave him in the ICU then try these suggestions or do i try them now then put him back in the ICU

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
Drop the water in his mouth as soon as you can then put him back in icu, try water again later on and if it does start to move give him a bowl with water in and not water balls. Really hope it works

mercifulfate3

3 Year Member
no progress yet :( and no hes never had water balls in his tank, and ive seen him bite the water balls, would he just stop eating them?

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
Water balls are no good. Drop water into his mouth and put his face over dish of water nor balls, dont let his abdomen go in the water though

mercifulfate3

3 Year Member
ok so we done what everyone has suggested, we turned him over and force fed him water but it stayed in a bubble and didn't go in, we also put his mouth area in water checked him today and there's no change in him, hes not curled in a ball but that's because we tried to spread his legs out a bit ill post pics of him upside down
DSC_0260.JPG
DSC_0260.JPG
DSC_0261.JPG

mercifulfate3

3 Year Member
i don't feel thats true tho, everythings that everyone says about a really bad smell, his bum deflating, nothing like this is happening, i dont wanna loose hope, i fel like hes still there but struggling

Latest posts