• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chilean rose molting help

ponyo_33

My Chilean Rose tarantula has a spot on her abdomen, the hair around it is sort of loose, and she’s had it for half a year, I was expecting her to molt, but she’s never taken this long to finish molting, I would so appreciate some help, I really wanna make sure she’s okay.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4,321
  • IMG_0032.jpeg
    IMG_0032.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,301

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That looks like a bald spot, caused by her flicking hair. When that spot turns dark, she will be getting ready to molt.

As M0slx pointed out your Rosehair has been flicking urticating hairs or laying them maybe around a burrow. By the looks she doesn't appear that close to molting. Grammastolas grow slow, pre molts can seem to last forever, refuse food even when not in pre molt,but still beautiful and fun. One of my first T's was a rosea. This was over 30 years ago and was labeled as a Mexican Rose hair! Been that long ago. Then I went on a 30 year hiatus away from keeping T's. Woe is me all the lost time! Now I'm back with a vengeance..lol

ponyo_33

That looks like a bald spot, caused by her flicking hair. When that spot turns dark, she will be getting ready to molt.
hang on, I’m gonna take another picture, the light brown stuff was some unattached hair and that’s what the spot actually looks like

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpeg
    IMG_0058.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,303
Bout all I can see but would still keep eye on to be safe. My Xenesthis Sp. Blue kick like crazy and after a molt slowly bald themselves, but always end up with a bald abdomen! They kick worse after they get their meal! Least mine do!

Latest posts