• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chilean Rose Burrow

DewDrop

3 Year Member
My Chilean Rose dug a burrow and covered up the hole. She got a half gallon container with a few inches of substrate and has just taken over the habitat. The peat moss has been light enough for her to use well. The top of the burrow is fluffy with webbed peat. It just gave me a smile and I kind of laughed because it was just so cute how the spider took right to her habitat as if it was anywhere in the world.

My question is, when they cover their burrow entrance, do they intend to molt or simply burrow until they find a feeder? No way to know?

I am thinking about adding springtails.

I was curious because it poses a question about feeding when the burrow entrance is covered.

Are there any feeders that if they get into the substrate that can be left as not to disturb the tarantula?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
if it is sealed in, i offer prey that is prekilled outside the entrance. simply because if it is molting they the prey food could do damage to the molting spider. if the dead food is not gone the next day remove it. offer food like normal like this til u know what the spider is up to. my b. smithi when it was little would seal itself in but knew when there was food. it would dig out take the cricket and then reseal its hide.

Latest posts