• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Check My GBB Cage?

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Got a new 3" GBB coming tomorrow from Casey. I've forgotten how enjoyable it is setting up these little cages. Want to make sure I've got it right, so I thought I'd post pics ahead of time. Substrate is coco coir, and it is still just a little damp, but I'll set it out in the sun all day tomorrow before the spider arrives in the afternoon and it will be dry by the time the GBB gets here. My climate is very dry, so things dry out quickly when left outside.

The cage is a 5 gallon with a locking screen top. I made a little cave with a piece of cork there. Looks nice now, but I'm sure it will be covered in web soon.

Please tell me what to add or remove, or what to change.
IMG_5670.JPG

I took this pic from the side and then changed the water dish. The orange cap is from a Gatorade bottle for size reference.
IMG_5666.JPG

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Only thing I’d do is add a few more plants or other anchor points for it to web around.

Eventually you may want to look into replacing the screen top with acrylic as well. For most terrestrials I’d tecommend fixing this immediately, but GBBs are a little better at climbing than most.

GBBs are one of my favorites. You’re gauranteed to enjoy it!

kylepeach

3 Year Member
View attachment 30225 As you can see they web up everything...:D
YOU HAVE A CACTUS IN YOUR HUSBANDRY?! Can't believe I never noticed it

So ingenious... they do just fine for long periods without water and exist in desert areas! I gave 2 cacti to my girlfriend and a couple of succulents just cuz. I'm totally doing this when my GBB get's bigger!!!!!!

Awesome!! :):D

Latest posts