• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Change in behavior

DashSpaceE

I've had my curly hair girl for over a year now. She has had changes in her behavior since I've had her. She's molten once since I've had her, and her eating was regular. Now, she's very warned offish doesn't like hunting her food as often as she used to. She used to hunt crickets and worms with such enthusiasm, but she's slowed down and only hunts when hidden. I've had a few times where I think my anxiety have affected her, but I know of other times she was fine. I've changed her enclosure multiple times, and she's steady in her burrow. I'm just curious if others have had similar experiences with their T, and if they have suggestions. I miss her being a heartily eater. Sorry for the ranting, but I hope things are normal.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Maybe she's a little disturbed by changes to her enclosure. It can take them a while to settle to new surroundings.
You don't say how big she is and photos would help people give advice on her enclosure.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Maybe she's a little disturbed by changes to her enclosure. It can take them a while to settle to new surroundings.
You don't say how big she is and photos would help people give advice on her enclosure.

adc

Mine changed personality after molting. Became more timid. Did not want to b e handled. Now it willingly climbs on my hand and must be forcibly removed when I put him back. Mex. Redleg.

Latest posts