• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chaco golden knee

Chaco

3 Year Member
Hello, I just bought my first T, a baby grammastola pulchripes, I've found some good info online about them, but havn't found much about humidity. any tips? Its a baby about the size of quarter.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the hobby! :)

I wouldn't worry about humidity. I have three slings (two at 3/4" and one just over 1") and I keep them on a dry cocofiber/peat mix and moisten down one corner of the substrate by dribbling water on it once a week or so. They like to dig at that size, so give them an enclosure with at least a few inches of substrate. They can be little bulldozers, and it's fun watching them endlessly excavate their substrate. :)

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
+1 to what Tomoran said. They can use more humidity as slings, keep a moist corner. They generally like a dry substrate. Once it's big enough for a water dish humidity isn't a worry at all. Just keep the water dish full and over flow it every once in a while. They are fantastic T's, enjoy!

Latest posts