• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Celebrity T Identification

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I guess you can call them celebs since they're on the screen :)

So i'm sitting here bored at lunch. Broke cause payday is coming soon ;) so i'm watching youtube videos.

Katy Perry's Roar has a couple T's crawling over her shoulders and own her arms in a short scene (lucky lil B's) or would that be lil G's? They look to me like G. porteri.

Anyone clarify? Yes you'll have to suffer and watch the video :p I like that kinda music though, and then again watching Katy isn't an act of suffering :D

Any other T's you've seen on screen and wondered what species they were?

reptyls

3 Year Member
I just looked at the video and would have to agree that they look like G. porteri to me also. I fast forwarded through most of it, I'm a metalhead, but she is not that hard to watch.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My husband and I watched this really bad "horror" movie a while ago. It was something about a gateway and spiders coming through attacking people. Most of the spiders used were B. Smithi and some Porteri (and lots of badly made CGI ones), lol.
I think they were trying to recreate "Arachnophobia", but failed, because "Arachnophobia" is very obviously tongue in cheek and doesn't take itself seriously, which that film didn't manage to do.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
"He was by her side throughout the entire process of training and on-camera action."

He is a Tarantula Master :)
6UvbITF.gif

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
lmao!! after the day i've had today i really needed to read this thread :D you guy crack me up.

The store in that article reminds me of petsmart, they know everything about every animal and they'll make sure you know it ;)

LegacyCode

3 Year Member
We're the Millers (2013)

The scene when they are in Mexico, and B. Smithi has sneaked in to the van, and move it trough the border, and then that kid got bit on his P***s :D That was fun :D

at about 29 secs when the spider falls out of his pants its a different one, looks like a brachypelma auratum.

Last edited:

Latest posts