• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can you please id my Tarantula

Eyad A.Atteyah

3 Year Member
Yesterday I bought 3 Adult Tarantulas from local market .. the sealer don't know anything about the species or even the name he only know that this animal name ( Unkaboot ) the Arabic word which means spider in English..
I attached the photos hope some one can told me the species .. because I need to purchase female or male in the future ..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • 1A.jpg
    1A.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
  • 1B.jpg
    1B.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31

Eyad A.Atteyah

3 Year Member
and this is the third ..
Please help ..

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • 3A.jpg
    3A.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • 3B.jpg
    3B.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • 3c.jpg
    3c.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20

Eyad A.Atteyah

3 Year Member
I forget also I have the molt of the second tarantula ..

Attachments

• WP_20151002_011.jpg
    WP_20151002_011.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • WP_20151002_012.jpg
    WP_20151002_012.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • WP_20151002_013.jpg
    WP_20151002_013.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
All three look like G. porteri to me. The first one looks to be a mature male, as there appear to be emboli at the end of its pedipalps. A better pic would probably tell you for certain. The middle one looks exactly like my female, especially with that purplish sheen on the carapace. Do you have a pic of the one that just molted? The molt looks to be porteri as well.

Are these being kept on moist substrate (second set of photos)? If so, they abhor moist dirt. Get some dry sub in there with water dishes. This is a very hardy species, so really all they need is dry substrate, a water dish, and a handful of crickets a month to live long a happy lives.

Last edited:

Ghost

3 Year Member
I agree with Tomoran that they look like G.porteri and the first one being a mature male.
However since you can't be 100% sure that their G.porteri then I wouldn't breed them if I were you as there's already enough confusion with G.porteri/rosea/sp north ect and you wouldn't want to add a hybrid off them into the mix......

Eyad A.Atteyah

3 Year Member
Thanks friends for your grateful support and special thanks to Tomoran ..
Yes Indeed .. the first thing I did it is change the whole enclosure to one dry soil and small water dish .. when I purchased .. one of them stands on the water bottom enclosure?? ..
I changed it in the same pet shop ..
I really want to breed them .. ! But not now ..

Latest posts