• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Calling all t lovers

Mr.T

Hi guys and gals...

I'm wanting to get a T that Webb's alot I think it's fascinating to see a tank full of web not knowing where the tarantula is going to come from, could all you guys and gals on here give me some suggestions I'm new to keep in tarantulas so something reasonable if you guys don't mind could you take the time to maybe comment on a certain tarantula and maybe add a few pics for me to admire.... :);)

Thanks to all

Tom

Tnoob

There's a few that web a lot. I'm not totally sure. You're like me though. I love the webbing, and I can't wait to see more. My suggestion for you, head to fearnottarantulas.com, and look at their species description. They have that information well documented there. Also harpactira pulchirpes, and monocentropus balfouri are heavy webbers, and it's my understanding that they may be fairly docile in their behavior. My H pulchripes was definitely laid back.

Tnoob

I just had a look WOW amazing :)
GBB are very pretty. There's also a. "Aphonopelma mooreae" that looks very much like it. They might web pretty well, but from what I know they're new to the hobby, and I can't find much information outside of basic taxonomy.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Some of my best webbers.

Heterothele gabonensis barely 1.5" dls
DSCF0022 (2).JPG

Thrigmopoeus truculentus
DSCF0023.JPG

Caribena laeta
DSCF0026.JPG

Mr.T

And just to let you guys no I joined this forum on Wednesday and I spoke that I had avicularia and I said that she hasn't worked I've been watching her tonight and I can see she's walking around the tank and laying webbing so hopefully shall have some nice tunnels or funnels or hammocks whatever they avicularia do

Last edited:

nedaK

Hi guys and gals...

I'm wanting to get a T that Webb's alot I think it's fascinating to see a tank full of web not knowing where the tarantula is going to come from, could all you guys and gals on here give me some suggestions I'm new to keep in tarantulas so something reasonable if you guys don't mind could you take the time to maybe comment on a certain tarantula and maybe add a few pics for me to admire.... :);)

Thanks to all

Tom
Heterothele villosella is a good one if you are looking into beginner old world tarantulas. A good new world is Neoholothele incei, which can come in a gold color form (oooh aaah). They are also fairly common so finding one shouldn’t be a problem. If you want something that has an attitude I’d go with Hapalopus sp. Columbia large. They are very pretty. There are many I haven’t mentioned but these are the ones that I know the most about behavior wise and such. I just realized every T I mentioned is a dwarf species.

nedaK

Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of what a normal color form N. Incei looks like. It has a gold carapace with olive colored everything else, does that help?

Tnoob

Heterothele villosella is a good one if you are looking into beginner old world tarantulas. A good new world is Neoholothele incei, which can come in a gold color form (oooh aaah). They are also fairly common so finding one shouldn’t be a problem. If you want something that has an attitude I’d go with Hapalopus sp. Columbia large. They are very pretty. There are many I haven’t mentioned but these are the ones that I know the most about behavior wise and such. I just realized every T I mentioned is a dwarf species.
Dwarf species need love too.

Tnoob

That's absolutely awe inspiring. Usually I try to mind my own business, but I'm starting to be curious, arachnoclown. What do you do as a living in order to have time to care for all your spiders?

Mr.T

That's absolutely awe inspiring. Usually I try to mind my own business, but I'm starting to be curious, arachnoclown. What do you do as a living in order to have time to care for all your spiders?
That's a great question I'm a golf course manager and that's how I fund my hobby :)

Latest posts