• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C.Rose not eating

londelsh

3 Year Member
My C.Rose hasn't eaten in like 4 months I know its usual for them to go on a fasting stages but when I drop a few crickets in its tank it seems scared it pops its head out of its home and raises its front legs then runs away is this normal or not?

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's not uncommon for them to go 6 months to a year without eating,. Part of the reason why I suggest getting a Brachy as a first tarantula.

doobula

3 Year Member
mine hasnt eaten in about a week and it could be as long as a year? how am i going to know when she wants to eat, again? she obviously cant tell me

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
mine hasnt eaten in about a week and it could be as long as a year? how am i going to know when she wants to eat, again? she obviously cant tell me
Just keep offering every couple of weeks. That's all you can do.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And the way it acts when a cricket get near it it runs away raises its legs then runs away
Welcome to Grammastola Town...lol. I'm not laughing at you guys, just get used to this with roseas/porteris...that's their thing. Wait til you get a mature male...it's even worse. You'd swear it must be a zombie spider...just give them fresh water religiously when they fast, and don't worry at all about it, it's more common than taxes. When a spider fasts it may need the water dish much more than another spider who's eating regularly and getting it's water from consuming prey items. Hope this eases your worry :) I have an Avic that thinks it's a rosea...fasting little sh*t...and a rosea that thinks it's a Lp..gotta love this hobby :)

Latest posts