• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C. lividum Making Mountains

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I got 3 little slings on Friday. I set them up and have just left them alone to do their thing. I made little starter tunnels for them by poking into the substrate, but they took it to another level. Literally. Popped the tops yesterday to feed and water them and this is what I found:
IMG_5857.JPG

This first one goes all the way to the bottom and has a side tunnel too:
IMG_5859.JPG

IMG_5860.JPG

Here are the other two:
IMG_5862.jpeg
IMG_5865.jpeg

I may never see them again until its time to move them.

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You've got to love how quickly they make themselves a home.:)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
While I don't own this species yet, I will say that pet holes are amazing to keep, especially as tiny slings. That's just my opinion, the majority might disagree.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
While I don't own this species yet, I will say that pet holes are amazing to keep, especially as tiny slings. That's just my opinion, the majority might disagree.
I'll tell you how I feel about it in a couple of months. I hope I get to see some sign of them once in a while. My P. mutica and H. gigas are out and about at night, and I can usually see them at the mouths of their burrows. These little C. lividium have pulled a disappearing act so far.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'll tell you how I feel about it in a couple of months. I hope I get to see some sign of them once in a while. My P. mutica and H. gigas are out and about at night, and I can usually see them at the mouths of their burrows. These little C. lividium have pulled a disappearing act so far.
I haven't seen my I. mira in about the same amount of time, I'm pretty sure your little pet hole will make web tunnels as well.