• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Burrowing

XelaTheMan

Hello all, I have a Brachypelma Boehmei that is about 2-3 inches. I have had her around a month or so and she doesn’t seem to burrow. I have a good 7-8 inches of dry (tad bit of moisture) coco fiber mix, with some damp moss in the corner. I also have a couple of plants and a half log in the enclosure, too. She seems to have absolutely no interest in burrowing and stays in the exact same spot next to one of the plants. Can anyone tell me if I’m doing something wrong, or are some Ts just different? She probably isn’t any older than a year or two if that helps.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Tarantula will just do their own thing.It may use the hide or it may not.
You can post few pics of her , the enclosure
and a description of your care and maintenance routine if you a worried and members will chome in if anything needs tweaking in order for you to care for your pet the best way possible.
Regards Konstantin

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Pictures could help. Is there a hide in there? You mentioned a log, is that solid or like a hide? I have not kept Ts much longer than you but mine seem to use the cover from a hide as a place to excavate a burrow, especially if I start a little digging for them. Obviously disregard if I am telling you something you already know and have done.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Most Brachypelma don't burrow once they reach the size like yours in captivity. She sounds completely comfortable. Enjoy seeing your spider and stress less.:)