• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

U.K. Brachypelma Smithi female

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm going to make an educated guess at this. You purchased her as a sling labeled as Brachypelma smithi. Ten years ago, that name was accurate. A few years ago, there was a revision on this species. They are now known as Brachypelma hamorii (Mexican Red Knee). Ex Brachypelma annitha (Mexican "Giant" Red Knee) is now known as the Brachypelma smithi. :) It is more likely that you have the hobby form Brachypelma hamorii but pictures would help. :)

Suzanne09

Hello, yes I will upload some pictures. She is indeed a Mexican Red Knee (sorry if I got the name wrong).
We also thought it was a boy, hence why she has the name Fred (a friend and ex colleague has sexed her as a female).
I don't want her to go to a home where she sits in a tiny Tupperware box. She has her heat pad that she loves (this is obviously all included with her).

Attachments

• IMG_20200811_201657.jpg
    IMG_20200811_201657.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 22