• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brachypelma Boehmei Sling

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I like big butts and I cannot lie... Looks like another molt coming on doesn't it?
IMG_4744_zps016069c7.jpg

IMG_4746_zps5063f063.jpg

IMG_4747_zps61277b77.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My sling has barricaded itself inside its hide (pushed the soil to block the entrances). It's also dug a little hole on the side, so I can see the occasional leg.
So hopefully in a few weeks (fingers crossed it won't be another month, lol) it'll emerge another size up. Can't wait!
My Genic also positively looks and acts as if she's ready to molt. She's still eating, although that doesn't mean much for a Genic, lol.

Gavin van den Berg

3 Year Member
Hey Fuzzball79, Hope everything is going well with the B. Boehmei slings?

Just wanted to share something with you...

I got home yesterday afternoon and found that my B. Boehmei also molted. It was exactly 281 days after its last molt, so they do make you wait very long as they grow. I haven't measured it yet, but its molt measured in at 7.5cm. So it's becoming quite big now. I'll post a pic of it in my picture thread soon.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Garvin,
thanks. That's a nice thing to come home to.
My BB is only about 2.5cm leg span. As I wrote it had been hiding for about a month when it last molted and at the moment it seems to repeat this pattern, lol. It's currently hiding inside its bottlecap house (went in there about less than a month after its last disappearance). It dug out some kind of "back door" so I can at least occasionally see a tiny bit of it. It still looks quite plump and shiny, so even so it has not eating for a good 2-3 weeks I'm not too worried about it.
They really teach you patience, don't they, lol?

Latest posts