• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

brachypelma albopolosum

newtots

3 Year Member
I had an albopolosum sling in the past and it loved to tunnel...it'd spend days or weeks in it's tunnel. I got a new albopolosum sling and it refuses to come off the side ofits eenclosure. ..do they usually spend all their time climbing or is it more normal for them to burrow???

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I agree with spidey noob. All 3 of mine have butrrowed as little ones, the largest is now over 1'' and is happy to stay on the surface.

Thivo

3 Year Member
I guess most slings wants to burrow/hide all the time... Even arboreal sometimes are staying on the ground and just webbing some partial area and hide... And I quess eventually when they became mature enough, they will stay out and hunt...

Therasoid

3 Year Member
I agree with spidey noob & Enn49 on this. Most all slings burrow, it makes them feel "safe", keep the substrate moist, not wet, and provide a small water dish (water bottle cap) available. As a suggestion, if its too wet, add a little spaghnum moss to wick up excess moisture. Plus the moss gives them something to move and add in their burrow.
B. albopilosum is a terrestrial/obligate burrower type. My girl has always been a digger, now at 6", constantly the bulldozer. She has a hide, rarely used, and prefers her shallow burrow.

newtots

3 Year Member
But mine is a 1\4 inch and absolutely loves to climb...my last one was a 3\4 inch and it wouldn't come out of its burrow. I guess it just seems odd that this one would be so in love with climbing

Therasoid

3 Year Member
But mine is a 1\4 inch and absolutely loves to climb...my last one was a 3\4 inch and it wouldn't come out of its burrow. I guess it just seems odd that this one would be so in love with climbing
It may just be exploring its new home. Some will settle in at a few days others may need weeks. They have different characteristics even in the same species. Just give it some time to acclimate. [emoji6]

Latest posts