• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bowie wants love

Here is my beautiful friend Bowie the pink Toe T. …. We’re just getting to know each other…Do you think Bowie knows me .. who I am … can Bowie distinguish one person from the next…? I am very new to all this … my son left to school and guess what I am in charge of Bowie’s survival… LOL I am open to all the information on pink toe Ts that you all can give me … I have fallen in love with Bowie I wish I could hold Bowie but honestly I’m afraid does anyone have any advice on how to overcome my fear….
As I am trying to give Bowie a great life ..!!!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't think they can tell. Just give him a comfy life and he will be a Ton of fun to watch thrive

WolfieKate

So much personality in their little bodies ️. Hello Bowie and Tanya. I’m a newbie. I’d love a Pink toe. I just read and read and watch so many you tube videos even when the advice seems conflicting you get the general jist! My first spider was Ingrid, a GBB, in the summer.

siege

Tarantula Club Member
Here is my beautiful friend Bowie the pink Toe T. …. We’re just getting to know each other…Do you think Bowie knows me .. who I am … can Bowie distinguish one person from the next…? I am very new to all this … my son left to school and guess what I am in charge of Bowie’s survival… LOL I am open to all the information on pink toe Ts that you all can give me … I have fallen in love with Bowie I wish I could hold Bowie but honestly I’m afraid does anyone have any advice on how to overcome my fear….
As I am trying to give Bowie a great life ..!!!
I have 3 avics of various species. Each one is differtthan the other! Lizzy is a solid eater who drinks a ton of water. Gambit never quits moving. Busy busy busy always making with the webs and likes to crawl around on the bottom and play terrestrial spider. Nicola who is a terrible eater and scared of her own shadow. But what they all do is make ‘racetrack’ webs around the top of their tank. Spiders don’t recognize their people and don’t bond with them. They don’t enjoy being held. A good rule of thumb is : if it’s cold blooded it runs on instinct. If it’s warm blooded they are emotional. Holding spoods run a risk for both keeper and especially spider. A short fall can kill them. Their abdomen (I call it their butt) will pop like an egg if they fall. She will prefer a wee bit of a drier tank, but always have fresh water available. So misting should be rare. I only must my avics when they are close to molt, and then only on the side of the tank or web, never on the spider. Avics can go into slightly larger tanks because they are tree dwellers and like to make these racetracks around the tank. Some of the resources to tap: Dave Moran and tarantula collective, Richard does some great videos. You can find both on YouTube. Before you know it, you’ll be knowledgeable and confident! Welcome to the most fascinating lifestyle their is!