• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bite question

TokeHound

I've only been bit by one T...a 6" Avicularia avicularia pinktoe. She jumped from her cage onto my arm...normal behavior for her. When she landed on my arm she started to slide and she sunk her fangs into me to stop. It hurt like hell because she wouldn't let go...like a normal strike. I had to actually grab her off my arm. I'd still call her a docile spider...human, tree no difference to her.
OMG I'm gonna be watching my A. avic when she gets bigger, DEFINITELY don't want this happening, Lol. Poor dude I'm sorry you got bit! And I know mine is fast too, she likes to pretend she's all slow until she teleports...

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
OMG I'm gonna be watching my A. avic when she gets bigger, DEFINITELY don't want this happening, Lol. Poor dude I'm sorry you got bit! And I know mine is fast too, she likes to pretend she's all slow until she teleports...
All spiders can teleport when they want to, don't be fooled. All spiders can jump, too. All spiders can use their fangs as tools.

Manage your encounters and interactions with them with respect for their instincts and abilities and you will be fine.

Scorp

I've never been bit by a T lol. Scorpion, different story, packing jobs suck!!!! Lol. Also not true, my P. Metallica got me once, but never again, I learned my lesson.

Noodlelove

Hmm, never saw this. Good question.
As a side note, I have seen several posts over the years of people who had an escape, were obviously terrified they'd be ambushed while sleeping, and were trying not to show it. A few of them made me laugh til I cried..
That is funny. Not nice to laugh but it's funny