• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best places online for hobbyist buy/sell/trade?

Sharno

3 Year Member
I get involved in buy/sell/trade/breeding loans from time to time with my collection. Where are the safest interactions going on outside of this forum? I don't like the arachnoboards format they started using a few years ago. Are educated hobbyists doing their buy/sell/trade/breeding loans on Facebook? Discord? Instagram? I have always enjoyed the smaller, more educated feel from this site with buy/sell but it's not as busy as it used to be. I might have some exciting breeding loan opportunities in 2023 and need to get plugged into the community again. TIA!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I get involved in buy/sell/trade/breeding loans from time to time with my collection. Where are the safest interactions going on outside of this forum? I don't like the arachnoboards format they started using a few years ago. Are educated hobbyists doing their buy/sell/trade/breeding loans on Facebook? Discord? Instagram? I have always enjoyed the smaller, more educated feel from this site with buy/sell but it's not as busy as it used to be. I might have some exciting breeding loan opportunities in 2023 and need to get plugged into the community again. TIA!
I do believe there are a few who do their business via Instagram. I don’t know anything about discord. Many do use Facebook, but obviously they have to make it look like it’s not a buy/sell/trade post or it will violate Facebook policy. Most just send their lists through messenger.

Honestly, there is no safer places than either of the two forums.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have alerts set up for local Tarantula sales adverts on two online sales sites. I have also brought via here & just a couple of months ago we brought someone's small collection off them via a local tarantula owners group on Facebook.