• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Been awhile but got my Striped knee

GTarantula

3 Year Member
Not sure if male or female but I'm hoping for a female. Person who sold it at the show said Brazilian giant white knee...Which she totally isn't. Just a striped knee but still a very nice T. She's really shy but doesn't like to move either if I try to nudge her if she's in the way of me giving her water.

ResizedImage_1399417907115_zpsc8e15faf.jpg

GTarantula

3 Year Member
Could be the flash. I couldn't really be sure which species of striped knee it is due to the person who sold it at the show was a moron. She couldn't even answer a few basic questions like...Which species is this? Just that its a striped knee. Well for 25 bucks I took her home really don't matter to me I had to save her!

GTarantula

3 Year Member
More pics of Legion. I used a flashlight and no flash. I'm still thinking she's Aphonopelma seemanni and not Grammostola pulchripes but I could be wrong. If anyone can guess to which this is I'd be more than thankful.

1908000_10201198825012592_3282410414285850787_n.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Hard to say because I'm no expert at all but that looks fairly orange to me!

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
Definitely looks too light to be a G pulchripes. I don't have A seemanni, so I'm no expert. This is the problem with common names. They are so confusing. If I had to guess, I would say A seemanni, but that's only a guess. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along and help.

GTarantula

3 Year Member
Thank you all for your input. I'm hoping for a A seemanni. I also looked at photo's of A seemanni's online and there seems to be a few color phases. The gray threw me off as I know them to have more black. Another I've seen was a phase of blue. No idea really but I put her in the larger enclosure so she can dig around till I buy another piece for my rack system.