• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bald no more (and others)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Some of you may remember my genic kicked herself almost cueball bald in shipping. Well, she molted successfully a while ago so got a couple shots while feeding.
I adore this little girl so sharing with my favorite forum :)
Mahtava
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg

Look @Thistles she's purty again :)
And I must be doing something right for the pokie kiddies they all growing and molting.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Redacted

3 Year Member
Some of you may remember my genic kicked herself almost cueball bald in shipping. Well, she molted successfully a while ago so got a couple shots while feeding.
I adore this little girl so sharing with my favorite forum :)
Mahtava
View attachment 19400 View attachment 19401 View attachment 19402 View attachment 19403
Look @Thistles she's purty again :)
And I must be doing something right for the pokie kiddies they all growing and molting.
View attachment 19404
Kymura- she's beautiful! Every molt's a new day!!!!!

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lovely animal! Do you find their hairs bad?
She's never once kicked hairs at me.Her baldness was from shipping. Ten minutes after she was unpacked she was happily munching a fat dubia.
Worst she's done is cover her dish when I want to clean and fill it. So, I just give her a different one and get it later. Honestly mine is a sweetheart. She's curious big, beautiful. And very laid back other then with dubia.
Don't get me wrong, I love keeping T's. enjoy all of them for their quirks. Old/new world, defensive or pet rock. But this genic..she's perfect. So..her hairs might be bad...but I can't tell you for sure.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
See, waxing is not all its "cracked" up to be. Some of us like fuzzy butt's. ....lmao
Jeez that sounds wrong o_O but I thinks it's funny so who cares.....lol

Telson

3 Year Member
Lovely animal! Do you find their hairs bad?
That depends on the person, really. I can run my hand over the top level of substrate and feel only mild irritation. Some folks hand would turn red and swell up, and bother them all day, almost like an allergic reaction, from what ive read. One of my genics actually haired me in the face while I was inhaling..not pleasant, but it only bothered me for ten or fifteen minutes. My nose and throat were just scratchy and irritated. Still...not pleasant :(

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She's never once kicked hairs at me.Her baldness was from shipping. Ten minutes after she was unpacked she was happily munching a fat dubia.
Worst she's done is cover her dish when I want to clean and fill it. So, I just give her a different one and get it later. Honestly mine is a sweetheart. She's curious big, beautiful. And very laid back other then with dubia.
Don't get me wrong, I love keeping T's. enjoy all of them for their quirks. Old/new world, defensive or pet rock. But this genic..she's perfect. So..her hairs might be bad...but I can't tell you for sure.
My genic has kicked hairs at us but when that happens we put the lid back on and let him calm down. It's not often she does this, usually just when we have to rehouse or refresh the substrate. But she's always guarding the water dish. Anytime we open the lid she stands right over the dish, last time i had to clean it out i tried to distract her with a roach, but she turned around (with roach in fangs) and gave me a pose when i moved the dish with tongs lol.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My genic has kicked hairs at us but when that happens we put the lid back on and let him calm down. It's not often she does this, usually just when we have to rehouse or refresh the substrate. But she's always guarding the water dish. Anytime we open the lid she stands right over the dish, last time i had to clean it out i tried to distract her with a roach, but she turned around (with roach in fangs) and gave me a pose when i moved the dish with tongs lol.
Yeah Mahtava clings to the dish. I give her a different one and whole she's checking it out I take the old one and wash it for next time. Adore these spiders. Honestly could be content with a dozen of them.