• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. smithi not eating~

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hope she gets better.
What ever you do keep water dish right next to her at all times.You need to get some water in to her.
Also you can sort you enclosure out while she is out.
Regards Konstantin

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
Hope she gets better.
What ever you do keep water dish right next to her at all times.You need to get some water in to her.
Also you can sort you enclosure out while she is out.
Regards Konstantin

Yes! I'll return her enclosure as it was before the substrate change.

Right now she's like this.

Attachments

• IMG_20201025_012833.jpg
    IMG_20201025_012833.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
moist the substrate and firm it down tightly when you do your setup.
If she is still unresponsive it is mandatory to follow my advice about putting her head(fangs )in the waterdish (you can leave it in for good few hours or untill she moves away on her own.She wont suffocate .)If that doesn't cut it flip her over and put a drop of water every coupleof hours.When she is more responsive keep her undisturbed as possible .
Best of luck.
Regards Konstantin

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
Hi
moist the substrate and firm it down tightly when you do your setup.
If she is still unresponsive it is mandatory to follow my advice about putting her head(fangs )in the waterdish (you can leave it in for good few hours or untill she moves away on her own.She wont suffocate .)If that doesn't cut it flip her over and put a drop of water every coupleof hours.When she is more responsive keep her undisturbed as possible .
Best of luck.
Regards Konstantin

I'll try the drops since putting her head on the dish didn't work.
I'm almost feeling like she won't make it but I'll keep trying.

Thank you.

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
It's SUCH a little bit but I put a drop of water and moved her legs faintly! She was getting kinda stiff before while touching her with the brush

I'll keep awake to check her out every few hours... I really really have a little bit more of hope.

Attachments

• VID_20201025_030053.mp4
    76.7 MB

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
Poor bugger.
other than giving her water try not to disturb her.
Fingers crossed

I'm still on it.

While putting another water drop recently, the point of my brush got stuck by mistake in one of her toes and she moved all back and forward for a moment :oops:

I'm sorry for disturbing her but just a little bit more relieved to know that she's still here and getting slowly and better

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
I'm still on it.

While putting another water drop recently, the point of my brush got stuck by mistake in one of her toes and she moved all back and forward for a moment :oops:

I'm sorry for disturbing her but just a little bit more relieved to know that she's still here and getting slowly and better

*slowly better
Sorry, was super sleppy while writing that

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
Update!

I haven't been able to capture it well on video but she moves a lot more fluid from time to time instead of tiny faint movements. Also took a picture since she looks less like a "ball" and more like she does when she's standing (but on her back obviously).

I keep the water drops every hour but now I'll try to give her more time in between and I keep her in a dark spot inside my bathroom.

I'm so glad she's moving! How long should I keep going?

Attachments

• IMG_20201025_092201.jpg
    IMG_20201025_092201.jpg
    882.9 KB · Views: 12
  • VID_20201025_091705.mp4
    28.3 MB

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Well done for the effort.
Keep up the good work.When she flips over on her feet you can put her back in her enclosure
Whatever happens you are doing excellent in your attempt to help her.
The harsh truth is that some slings are not meant to make it to adulthood.Even if the husbandry is excellent there are unexplained sling deaths sometimes. It happens to all of us.
Regards Konstantin

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
Well done for the effort.
Keep up the good work.When she flips over on her feet you can put her back in her enclosure
Whatever happens you are doing excellent in your attempt to help her.
The harsh truth is that some slings are not meant to make it to adulthood.Even if the husbandry is excellent there are unexplained sling deaths sometimes. It happens to all of us.
Regards Konstantin

Thank you so much for the help and support!

I understand that maybe she won't make it and if it happens, it's ok but I'll keep doing my best to make it as best as possible :)

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
So Momo was moving last time I checked her and seemed kinda normal but she's not responding at all.

I'm guessing I've lost her :(

Attachments

• VID_20201025_153746.mp4
    60.2 MB
  • VID_20201025_163711.mp4
    57.4 MB

ItsukinoKira

3 Year Member
The only thing that keeps doing is this shake on the leg :(

Attachments

• VID_20201025_164533.mp4
    22.9 MB
  • VID_20201025_153111.mp4
    30.7 MB
  • VID_20201025_153111.mp4
    30.7 MB

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you everyone for your help and support. Sadly Momo didn't pull it through.

I'll try get one later since I've always wanted to raise and have a tarantula but Momo helped me as a beginner and I'll keep learning from this experience
I'm so sorry for your loss :( you tried your very best for momo - I am pleased to hear that it hasn't put you off trying to raise another tarantula as we've all been in your position in regards to losing our tarantulas at some point.. Best wishes x