• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B.smithi not eating

laMort

3 Year Member
I got small female b.smithi about a month ago and she hasn't eaten since. I've offered her crickets and mealworms, but she doesn't want to eat. Last days she's been hiding under the coconut-cave. Is it possible she is pre-molt, or should I worry?

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Nah, don't worry at all. I don't know if you give it pre killed food, or how big it is. But they can go a long time without eating. If it was hungry it would eat. Give it some time, I'm sure you'll see a sexy new bigger smithi in no time!

laMort

3 Year Member
Oh god, she started molting today! I hope everything will be fine, but I'm still worried since she is the first tarantula to molt under my care. Fingers crossed!

laMort

3 Year Member
She did it! Does she look okay to you guys?

kestunud1.jpg
kestunud2.jpg

Sabeth

3 Year Member
OMGosh, she looks gorgeous! My B. smithi also just molted (my first time, too!). Yours seems to be the very same size as mine! Congrats, don't you just love these spiders?! :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She is gorgeous. I love b smithis they are one of the most gorgeous things on earth. Congratulations to all the newly moulted stripey beasts :)