• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B hamorii

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
My b hamorii juvi has been in premolt for about 4 months.
Is this normal, should I be concerned or is this normal.

Sounds normal to me James. Brachypelma's take forever to moult and hamorri are no exception. I've mentioned several times on various threads here that I have a 1cm B smithi sling that last moulted 86 days ago and isn't showing much in the way of premoult signs ATM, so gawd only knows when!

James1975

Sounds normal to me James. Brachypelma's take forever to moult and hamorri are no exception. I've mentioned several times on various threads here that I have a 1cm B smithi sling that last moulted 86 days ago and isn't showing much in the way of premoult signs ATM, so gawd only knows when!
Thanks jess I thought that might be the case,stubborn t then.
Just to let u know the c lividum has finally borrowed and made a fantastic tube from the bottom all the way to the lid,so she is happy.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It is very normal, I have a T. albopilosum that has been in need of a molt since early 2018.

E

ExMember

Definitely normal. My hamorii sling hasn't eaten since November! It molted again and still hasn't eaten (about 3 weeks). It's abdomen is still quite large. Just lives in it's burrow.

There's really nothing you can do. I had to detach from the urge to help when I started keeping. That has helped immensely when it comes to anxiety. I just let them do their thing and make sure the husbandry is up to snuff :)