• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B albipolisum (true form pairing)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
giphy (25).gif

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Newsflash.....
Today there is the start of what will hopefully be a viable eggsac (video and photo in the gallery)

https://tarantulaforum.com/media/b-albopolisum-true-form-laying-down-a-sac.7052/

https://tarantulaforum.com/media/b-albipolisum.7053/

She has really confused me.
1st...she gets paired about a 6 weeks ago.
Followed by aggression to Male when I repeatedly offered him (not so weird if already pregnant) but 2 weeks ago, she was on her back holding her water dish tightly (see below) so was thinking she was going in to moult and therefore any pairing would be a failure.

Maybe it was just contractions and she felt comfortable with the water dish on her belly.....PMSL
20190318_083823.jpg

Last edited:

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well done @Phil this is going to be very exciting:D keep us well informed and fingers crossed for eggs with legs in the future-she really was trying to tell you something with that water dish! :p:T:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
UPDATE

sadly the female destroyed the sac last week. :(
She and the Male were at it again today though. The female was a lot more in control this time and the Male was less aggressive. Will introduce the Male again in 3 or 4 days time.
B hamorri attempt again today. the Male just turned on his heels (repeatedly) when the female showed attention with drumming etc. He lifted her at one stage but no insertion. Will keep trying on these two even though I now suspect he is gay!:eek:

Last edited:

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
UPDATE

sadly the female destroyed the sac last week. :(
She and the Male were at it again today though. The female was a lot more in control this time and the Male was less aggressive. Will introduce the Male again in 3 or 4 days time.
B hamorri attempt again today. the Male just turned on his heels (reportedly) when the female showed attention with drumming etc. He lifted her at one stage but no insertion. Will keep trying on these two even though I now suspect he us gay.
sorry to hear that the female destroyed the egg sack-that's a real shame:(
do keep trying @Phil fingers crossed you will have some luck-no to sure what you can do about your gay B.Hamorii :p:D you need to have words with him lol