• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Awesome glass sling enclosures

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
I like to house my Ts in pretty enclosures so I've been hunting for some nice ornate ones.
Found these 3 in HomeSense (UK, T.K.Maxx home store), so if you have one near you and are on the hunt for a cheap and awesome looking enclosure, go have a mooch [emoji1303]
f03342ab22366f3c7d5c76904aac7aef.jpg
3ddd60a554b45dbf797a0d715f971f32.jpg
023a8ec852d6d709dc76033798c26fbd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They look nice but I hope they're not air tight. All animals need to breathe and some ventilation is obviously necessary. Drilling holes in glass is highly problematic.

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
They look nice but I hope they're not air tight. All animals need to breathe and some ventilation is obviously necessary. Drilling holes in glass is highly problematic.
The lids don't close to a tight seal and even if I put very thin buffers at the front corner to raise the lid a little for airflow, the lid is too heavy for a T to lift up. Also the front handles can be adapted into latches easily to prevent any possible squeeze-through-gap escapes.
I'll try one when my Ts are big enough to warrant it and post up the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'd totally 100% do the buffers and latch. A humidity gauge's is probably a good idea even though some say it's unnecessary. It's just good to know what's happening.