• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arachnoclown breeding

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My female sabulosum redrump just dropped a eggsack sometime in the last few days. I paired her on November 6th 2017 just one time. It was my first pairing on my own after being in the hobby for 35 years. Here's the video of the deed...
Any advice from active breeders for my next steps would be much appreciated and welcomed.
Thanks in advance,
Clown

P.s. I didn't take any pics of the sack because I was afraid of stressing out momma.

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
Congratulations :)

Keep the sac with mom temps at 28c for 40 days. Keep a larger area of sub around the water dish moist to keep some humidity there. But dont let all the substrate get soaked. Pull at day 40 and incubate at 27-29c with humidity 90%.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That was interesting to watch, nice looking spiders. I bet you were nervous for your male. I wasn't aware people used a separate breeding box, from what I've seen and read I thought the male was added to the females enclosure. I haven't looked into breeding closely yet though ,considering I just got my first slings 3 days ago, I have plenty of time.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@KezyGLA Thank you for the tips. I was wondering one thing. I have always kept her in the living room for the last 3 years. There's always TV noise, music, traffic, ect.... Should I move her to my bedroom where it's always quite??? Or leave her be??? I'm curious if the noise will stress her out or maybe even moving her might as well??

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That was interesting to watch, nice looking spiders. I bet you were nervous for your male. I wasn't aware people used a separate breeding box, from what I've seen and read I thought the male was added to the females enclosure. I haven't looked into breeding closely yet though ,considering I just got my first slings 3 days ago, I have plenty of time.
I chose to put them on a even playing field. I was afraid if he went in her burrow I wouldn't be able to help him and also I wouldn't know if the deed was actually done.

Last edited:

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
@KezyGLA Thank you for the tips. I was wondering one thing. I have always kept her in the living room for the last 3 years. There's always TV noise, music, traffic, ect.... Should I move her to my bedroom where it's always quite??? Or leave her be??? I'm curious if the noise will stress her out or maybe even moving her might as well??
Yes mive her. You want as little disturbances as possible.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Pulled the sack at day 22 due to strange behavior from the Mom.
20180309_195520.jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nicely developed for 22 days. Good job :)
I was talking with Cold blood and he thought I should pull it...he got in a string of bad luck lately waiting. I kept Mom at 82 degrees the humidity in the enclosure was at 52% which it was probably much higher in the burrow. No bad eggs...just 3 casualties from the struggle. Thanks again for the advice .

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hmmmmm.

Just a suspicion but if the smell of the eggsac is lingering that might add to the stress if it's missing.

Do people remove the T and change all the substrate plus cleaning evening else after an egg sac is pulled?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hmmmmm.

Just a suspicion but if the smell of the eggsac is lingering that might add to the stress if it's missing.

Do people remove the T and change all the substrate plus cleaning evening else after an egg sac is pulled?
I don't know...never read or heard anything about it. She use to be real docile(never held her but she has touched me). She has tried biting me a couple times since the pull. Which I totally understand why. I think once she fattens back up and molts she will be back to normal. Next time im gonna let her keep her sack and see what happens.

Latest posts