• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone know best pamphobeteus machala care

mercydrury

Hi guys I just brought home a pamphobeteus machala I keep getting different info online and I don’t really trust the reptile store on every species. I read to keep it dry but I’ve been wetting a corner of his enclousure, but I also read they are moisture loving species?And will he be a heavy Webber by chance or not too much? I just want to do the best I can for him. His body is about size of a quarter but legs for days!! Makes him look as big as my curly hair and makes my g pulchra sling look miniscule at size of a quarter I’ll post some pics of him and my other 2 just because they r too cute to not show off. Thank you for any advice!

Attachments

• IMG_1158.jpeg
    IMG_1158.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1097.jpeg
    IMG_1097.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0974.jpeg
    IMG_0974.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0973.jpeg
    IMG_0973.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0970.jpeg
    IMG_0970.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3276.jpeg
    IMG_3276.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0751.jpeg
    IMG_0751.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0738.jpeg
    IMG_0738.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0737.jpeg
    IMG_0737.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0489.jpeg
    IMG_0489.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
I read in a lot of info that Pamphobetues like it moist and I have 2 platyomma which I keep moist but have let there setups dry up from time to time .

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Great collection :) I agree with the above advice. I only have one Pamphobeteus, a mascara and I got her as an adult so I've no idea about babies but mine (Mosag) hasn't webbed much, just slightly on her cork bark. The markings on the babies are so pretty :)

mercydrury

Great collection :) I agree with the above advice. I only have one Pamphobeteus, a mascara and I got her as an adult so I've no idea about babies but mine (Mosag) hasn't webbed much, just slightly on her cork bark. The markings on the babies are so pretty :)
So happy I got this advice my baby drinks water every day!! It’s so cute! And ur right he put tiny webs at his hide is it so far. But he’s actually a hardy little baby!! Does yours want food ALL the time

Attachments

• IMG_1903.jpeg
    IMG_1903.jpeg
    984.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1909.jpeg
    IMG_1909.jpeg
    923.2 KB · Views: 2

Gizalba

3 Year Member
So happy I got this advice my baby drinks water every day!! It’s so cute! And ur right he put tiny webs at his hide is it so far. But he’s actually a hardy little baby!! Does yours want food ALL the time

Adorable drinking photos :D Mine eats a lot when she is hungry, but being an adult she is only hungry once a month or so. She has actually just moulted (still in her hide currently) so hasn't eaten for a few months. Am excited to feed her when she is ready, she is my biggest T! :) Below was her before she moulted. The substrate looks quite dry there but on the other side it is deeper and damp.

jgv.JPG